Hunching over your laptop while sitting in a chair all day is bound to mess up the structure of your back. Our back is made up of some of the most important muscle groups in the body, but we fail to understand the importance of building its strength simply because we are too lazy to lift weights.
Fortunately, in this blog post, we will shed light on some of the best ways to build back strength without using any equipment at all.
This stretch helps to strengthen the spine and the back muscles. It also helps to improve posture and relieves tension in the back muscles.
- Lay down flat on your stomach
- Slowly start lifting your right arm and left leg at the same time as high as you can.
- Hold this position for a few seconds and then switch.
The bridge pose has several benefits. It strengthens the back and improves the condition of the spine. It also prevents chances of spinal injury and muscle tightness.
- Lay down on your back on the floor with your knees bent.
- Keep your stomach tucked in, and start lifting up your hips off the floor as high as possible.
- Try to grab your ankles by extending your arms (without lifting them up).
This stretch improves the posture and increases the balance in the body by strengthening the back. It also helps to prevent sore muscles and relaxes the back, thus relieving pain and stress.
- Get down on all fours while taking deep breaths.
- Tuck in your stomach and push your back downwards.
- Hold this position for a few seconds and then repeat.
Dolphin kicks are a great way to stay fit. They benefit the back, legs, arms, and abs simultaneously.
- Position yourself on a bench facing downwards with your legs hanging on the ground.
- Hold the bench for support and slowly start raising your legs off the ground.
- Take your legs as high as you can without bending your knees and toes.
This pose stretches the back muscles, increases back flexibility, elevates mood, and strengthens the body.
- Lie down on the floor against your chest.
- Keep your arms stretched out without bending your elbows.
- Slowly lift up your chest off the floor as high as you can.
- Hold the position for a few seconds and repeat.
Your back is almost used in every movement you make every day. Therefore, it is important to build its strength to prevent the chances of injuries. There are several effective back stretches that you can easily practice regularly without using weights. Osteopathy is a great way to relax the back without using any equipment. For more details, please visit our website.